Ness, over at Happiness is a Butterfly, included my blog in her list of 7 Honest blogs! So, the deal is I have to tell you 10 “honest” things about myself. Well, I’ve been mulling it over as I unpack from vacation…
1. I also, just like Ness, don’t enjoy talking on the the phone. I also, just like Ness, only ever call my mom, because she doesn’t really like the phone either. However – I love to text. So, hey…text me!
2. I am also, just like Ness, stuck in neutral about the more kids thing. I think I would really like another one, but feel conflicted about why – is it because I just miss having a little lump of love who will hug me and snuggle with me whenever I want to, do I have the physical stamina to have another one and not totally drag the family down for the next year, am I just trying to escape the hard work of really getting to know and develop my relationship with my older kids…
3. I tend to over think things a bit… see above.
4. I wrestle with anxiety. However, I really do wrestle with it, which means I try not to let it win in my life.
5. I, just like Ness, am a jack of all trades, master of none.
6. I like a lot of external structure in my life. That’s why public school is working out for us right now, it’s why I love our big mega church with lots of programs and groups all set up and ready to go, why I love living by the academic calendar… I think it’s because I have no internal structure. I’m a big blob of feeling, intuition, ideas… All the external structure allows me to stay productive and lets my insides stay jumbled and jiggly, which is how I like ‘um.
7. I have always dreamed of living on a huge farm/ranch with lots of animals. I would love to use the place as a rest-stop type of place for missionary families who need some pampering and encouragement, and a tiny weeny bit of counseling.
8. I would like to write a book. I have a plot, 2 heroines, 1 villan, and a working title ready to go.
9. I am prejudiced against very confident people – people who don’t have a “but-clause.” You know, people who are unwilling to acknowledge they might be wrong, or under influences they aren’t aware of, or not as well read as they think, etc. I think it’s because I grew up with an attorney for a father, who of course, was never, ever, ever wrong.
10. I don’t floss very frequently. Ugh. How embarrassing.
And so, this is how this whole Honest Scrap thing works.
1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.
You rock Ness. Thank you!
2. Share “10 Honest things” about yourself. (check)
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 7 people they’ve been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
Ok, here -in no particular order- are 7 blogs I read regularly:
1. Well, Ness at Happiness is a Butterfly – but she already knows that. Duh.
2. Megan at Half Pint House. She and I have known each other since college, and she is the most industrious women I know.
3. Megan’s husband, Craig, at Second Drafts, and I have also been friends for eons. He used to be my boss, and a really good boss at that.
4. Susie is my super-duper friend. She has seen me through thick and thin – and she just moved to the town I grew up in. Yeah!
5. Mark and Dana, over at Life According to Zaba, have been true, true, friends of our family for a while now. They are the type of friends you call on to pray for you, even if you haven’t talked with them in a while. They are good people – and the dog is just icing on the cake.
6. My friend, Allison, over at Stellar Propeller, is a wonderful photographer, and amazing friend.
7. The Long Thread…for sewing ideas.
There you have it! Up next…vacation pics! And thanks again, Ness. I sure do hope we meet in person soon.