1. Finished a wonderful biography by A.N. Wilson about C.S. Lewis. It was very insightful and easy to read. It made me love the Narnia series all the more and not feel so terribly guilty about not really liking Mere Christianity.
3. I’m having coffee with a very fun NIU gal I met recently. She’s agreed to share her “journey with God” story. Can’t wait!
4. Yesterday my dad stopped by just to say hi. It was such a gift from God after a week of thinking, “Why in the world did we move HERE??” Oh yeah. Mom and Dad are so close. Great reason in and of itself to be here.
5. The kids and I are visiting a Classical Conversations group in town tomorrow for an open house. If we do homeschooling next year I know I would need some sort of structure like this. I’m going for the kids and to scope out if I could teach in this capacity too.
6. Three people walked through the house this weekend. Bummer that it was predicated by a $10,000 drop in our price, but still good.
7. Today the sermon was on scripture memory and for the first time in a long while I didn’t feel guilty, I felt excited.
8. Please don’t tell Ben I’m excited about scripture memory or he’ll make me set some yucky goals or something horrible like that. He’s very, very, good for me.
9. David, a student from Madison, visited us this weekend. I wasn’t in on all the guy talk, but it sure was great to have him around. L3 gave him spontaneous, “I miss you David,” hugs all weekend.
10. Chickarella. Oh my gosh. SO FUNNY!