We had one of the best Thanksgivings we’ve had in a while yesterday. My parents came up and blessed us with fun conversation, great stories, and words of wisdom. The kids really enjoyed being with them and I really, really, really enjoyed cooking the meal.
We have a lot to be thankful for right now, but my heart has been a little late in catching up to our reality. Blogging has even become a challenge for me as I try and navigate through this season of uncertainty and stress. There has been a bit of a blue cloud hanging over our little house for weeks now, and I haven’t been able to put anything into words that doesn’t sound like complaining.
I guess I do like to polish everything up a little before I post it up here at Sassy Pants, but folks, these last weeks have been unpolishable. But, we’re holding on and finding we have so much to praise Jesus for.
The other night we were laying in bed and were just about to pray over a stack of concerns we felt very buried by. It was silent for a long time. Who would be the one to put into words all we were feeling? I found myself singing, “Great They Faithfulness” very softly, just hoping it would help us turn the corner. It did. We sang it through, repeated it, and began to pray. Peaceful sleep followed.
I know you are all wondering… What’s up??? Is there anything new they are worried about??? There are some new things, but please don’t be worrying! This is my THANKSGIVING post. I want to share with you the GOOD news!
1. We were able to buy a new/used car for Ben last week! It’s his dream car – O4 Honda Civic, 5 Speed, sunroof. Perfect – and a great deal.
2. We were able to give Ben’s 93 Ford Escort away to someone who can actually use it! That car has been the best, most faithful, little car EVER. We shed a tear as the new owner drove it away.
3. The kids are getting excited to move. We are beginning to feel the momentum that has been lacking this last month. We ARE going. It IS coming. We WILL be together!
4. We found a small and reasonably priced home to rent in Sycamore!!!
5. Alongside all our challenges, we have felt very loved by the Lord. Encouragement, words of affirmation, support, and care have streamed into our home. His goodness is not lost on us.
Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you!