If I was going to write a book, I would write one about…
1. My ongoing struggle with the concept of denominations of all forms. Not individual denominations. I don’t have a beef with one in particular, just wrestling with how the practical applications of faith can lead us to so many different places.
2. How my struggle with this has so much to do with my personality. I’m fascinated by how the combination of our hard wiring and the experiences God has also designed for us lead to us all these different places and passions.
3. How to be a friend to someone who has these interests but who has trouble expressing herself, is too sensitive, and who cries too much. 🙂
4. The concept of an open home. It’s something I think about a lot and am slowly developing a sense of how this will work in our family life. I’d love to write about the philosophical motivations behind doing it, and the practical workings of maintaining public and private spaces in our hearts and homes.
5. A book on parenting about how you shouldn’t read books on parenting unless they are funny and sarcastic.
Don’t look for me on Amazon anytime soon, just dreaming…
PS: Strike that last one about parenting books. I should probably read about a dozen today. I just totally exploded at poor H6 for something very, very, dumb.