We are officially defaulting to Plan B when we return from our vacation/fund raising trip in early August. I guess Plan B was always the Lord’s Plan A, but you know. We are just catching on here. So, what is Plan B you ask?
Since our house in Madison has not sold yet, it looks like Ben will begin his commuting to Dekalb, IL in a few weeks. He’ll go down for 4 days, and come back for 3 – repeat for as many weeks, months, years, as the Lord wills.
It had been our plan to start homeschooling this year, but we decided there is enough stress to be had all around without adding that little piece to the pie at this point. So, we’ve enrolled H6 at the private school she attended last year, and T4 there as well for preschool. L2 is on the waiting list there, but will probably be at home with me. If the house sells sometime this fall, we’ll take a couple weeks off, and start homeschooling then. If the house sells in the spring, we’ll try and keep H6 in the entire year.
I’m peaceful, but disappointed. I’m hopeful, but ready to wait it out.
PS: We have postponed our trip a few days to attend a funeral. One of the students in the ministry here in Madison lost his father to suicide last week. It’s been a very heavy couple of days. Please pray for Eric and his family. It seems certain Eric’s father was a believer who had been struggling with clinical depression for many years. A terrible combination of stress and perhaps medication not working to the extent that it needed to created a terrible opportunity for despair. I believe Eric is rejoicing for his father’s freedom now and presence with Jesus, but is obviously very shaken.