I have so enjoyed these weeks of no school, no work (for me), and no commitments – aside from Christmas gatherings, etc. Today marks the beginning of the back to school, back to work, rush. I’m wondering if it will be possible to retain my calm, unhurried, interior while entering the full, busy exterior of our reality. And so we begin 2008.
I am not a resolution maker. However, I LOVE what Gretchen over at Lifenut has done. And in an attempt to copy her very cool idea I present my 10 Oaths for the New Year.
I will not
1. eat an entire bag of chocolate chips/week any longer.
2. clean out the crumbs from my toaster.
3. begin scrapbooking of any sort.
4. get rid of the very creaky rocking chair we bought when H5 was born and now goes with nothing and fits nowhere.
5. buy a Hummer (this year.)
6. begin an exercise program.
7. hog the Netflix subscription.
8. lose my wedding ring (again.)
9. start wearing ball caps.
10. master Guitar hero.
What about you? Any resolutions or oaths you’d like to share?